Energia Park, formerly known as Donnybrook Rugby Ground, is located on the former fair green used for the Donnybrook Fair until the mid-1850s. The stadium, is home to Bective Rangers and Old Wesley rugby clubs, and was once the home of Leinster Rugby until the move in 2007 to the RDS. Energia Park is the permanent home of the Leinster Rugby Sub-Academy while it has also hosted home fixtures for Ireland Women and Ireland Under 20s in the Six Nations. The busy Energia Park is also the host venue for all Leinster ‘A’ games in the British & Irish Cup, Leinster Women’s inter-provincial games and is the home of schools’ rugby in Leinster.
In March 2018 Energia began a sponsorship deal, to rename the stadium as Energia Park for 10 years.
Herbert Park is named after Sidney Herbert who, in 1903, offered the site to Pembroke Urban District Council for development as a public park. The famous Dublin International Trades Exhibition was held on the site in 1907, housing exhibits from the British Empire (including a complete Somalia village). Thereafter the lands were developed as a public park.
Taken over by Dublin Corporation in 1932 the 13 hectares (32 acres), are a fine example of how a relatively small park can provide a variety of amenities such as football, tennis, boules, croquet and children’s play area, while at the same time fulfilling an important conservationist role in the heart of the city. Recent developments in 2007 have been the addition of a new children’s playground and an all weather multi-use pitch.